Old 15-07-2007, 06:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default idea for madgardener

I came into the conversation a bit late, but what I think I hear is
that madgardener may lose the Internet connection. If he lives close
enough to a town with a library that offers use of PCs with Internet
connection, maybe that would help a little. Inconvenient but better
than nothing. A friend of mine used to do her marketing and then
stop at the library to check her email, and send replies, etc while
her Internet connection was down for a few months. Just a thought.
Perhaps you are already doing that.
Deb :-)

Old 16-07-2007, 02:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

thistletoes expounded:

I came into the conversation a bit late, but what I think I hear is
that madgardener may lose the Internet connection. If he lives close
enough to a town with a library that offers use of PCs with Internet
connection, maybe that would help a little. Inconvenient but better
than nothing. A friend of mine used to do her marketing and then
stop at the library to check her email, and send replies, etc while
her Internet connection was down for a few months. Just a thought.
Perhaps you are already doing that.
Deb :-)

She is already working on using the library computer. Since her posts
have stopped I'm assuming she's been cut off - I'm going to call her
in the morning to check on her.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 16-07-2007, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 15, 9:43 pm, Ann wrote:
thistletoes expounded:

[...]

I tried that today - nothing is connected. I will keep trying. She
will let us know when things are connected again or if she has gained
access somewhere. I hope.

gloria in hemlock hollow

Old 16-07-2007, 11:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

gldancer expounded:

I tried that today - nothing is connected. I will keep trying. She
will let us know when things are connected again or if she has gained
access somewhere. I hope.

Hmmm, no phone? I thought it was just the internet part. I'll let
you know if I get through.
Old 21-07-2007, 09:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

thistletoes wrote:
I came into the conversation a bit late, but what I think I hear is
that madgardener may lose the Internet connection. If he lives close
enough to a town with a library that offers use of PCs with Internet
connection, maybe that would help a little. Inconvenient but better
than nothing. A friend of mine used to do her marketing and then
stop at the library to check her email, and send replies, etc while
her Internet connection was down for a few months. Just a thought.
Perhaps you are already doing that.
Deb :-)

Maddie is using the library computer but has no USENET access.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 21-07-2007, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

she can get to usenet thru google.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...topics?lnk=rgh
or just type in google "rec.gardens google groups"

she has to sign in is all... Ingrid