Old 21-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered User

Question Cuttings Advise

I am trying to develop some cuttings from bushes and shrubs, I don't know the name of them all, but some are fuchias, I have a greenhouse.

All help would be appreciated
Old 21-07-2007, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Cuttings Advise

In article ,
Gringo wrote:

I am trying to develop some cuttings from bushes and shrubs, I don't
know the name of them all, but some are fuchias, I have a greenhouse.

All help would be appreciated

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...result&cd=1 &
q=mist+propagation&spell=1

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 25-07-2007, 06:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

I am trying to develop some cuttings from bushes and shrubs, I don't
know the name of them all, but some are fuchias, I have a greenhouse.

You really need to figure out what plants they are.

Some propagation protocols call for hardwood cuttings, some softwood.
Some you wound, some you don't. Some you treat with rooting hormone
(but not all the same hormone), some you don't. For some plants you
take the living branch and layer (bury a tip in soil) or vertical
layer (sort of a plant tourniquet). For others your best bet is root
cuttings.

I mean, you can always go with trial-and-error (even if you look up
protocols, or talk with people who have been propagating them, there
will be *some* trial and error). But unless you can at least narrow
it down a bit, there would be a lot of error.

As for Fuchsias (note spelling), an internet search for "Fuchsia
Propagation" makes it look like they are pretty easy. One of the
first hits was http://www2.dicom.se/fuchsias/propagatingeng.html
But I have no firsthand experience on this.

[IMG] code is On

Seeking advise on plants cuttings and suchlike Morarview Gardening 1 11-04-2012 04:58 AM
Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 07:15 AM
Filter/pump advise Bob H Ponds 4 15-02-2003 12:39 AM
Old aluminium roof under pond liner,good idea or not? please advise John Ponds 4 29-01-2003 08:03 PM
Old aluminium roof on top of pond liner,good idea or not? please advise John Ponds 2 28-01-2003 06:00 PM