GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Indoor Cultivation of Digitalis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/162082-indoor-cultivation-digitalis.html)

Michael Gorelick 23-07-2007 06:27 AM

Indoor Cultivation of Digitalis

Hello,

I was browsing around the internet trying to find a good plant to have
in my new apartment and I came across the Digitalis (Foxglove) and
thought I found a winner. I was wondering if anyone had tried
planting one of these indoors and what it's temperature requirements
are. Also, what kind of watering regiment am I looking at and how
much time does it normally take to go from seeds to those beautiful
flowers.

Thanks for the help!
-Michael G

Jim Kingdon 25-07-2007 07:54 PM

Indoor Cultivation of Digitalis

I was browsing around the internet trying to find a good plant to have
in my new apartment and I came across the Digitalis (Foxglove) and
thought I found a winner.

Biggest problem is likely to be whether it can get enough sun indoors.
Even sitting in a sunny window is significantly darker than outdoors.

I don't really know Foxglove in particular, but sun is likely to be an
issue with most plants which are customarily grown outdoors for
flowers or fruit.

I have grown cherry tomatoes and strawberries indoors, both of which
are sun-loving, so I wouldn't necessarily give up. But that's what
you're up against. If you have a window box or a balcony or a fire
escape, use it.