Old 23-07-2007, 06:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Indoor Cultivation of Digitalis

Hello,

I was browsing around the internet trying to find a good plant to have
in my new apartment and I came across the Digitalis (Foxglove) and
thought I found a winner. I was wondering if anyone had tried
planting one of these indoors and what it's temperature requirements
are. Also, what kind of watering regiment am I looking at and how
much time does it normally take to go from seeds to those beautiful
flowers.

Thanks for the help!
-Michael G

Old 25-07-2007, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

I was browsing around the internet trying to find a good plant to have
in my new apartment and I came across the Digitalis (Foxglove) and
thought I found a winner.

Biggest problem is likely to be whether it can get enough sun indoors.
Even sitting in a sunny window is significantly darker than outdoors.

I don't really know Foxglove in particular, but sun is likely to be an
issue with most plants which are customarily grown outdoors for
flowers or fruit.

I have grown cherry tomatoes and strawberries indoors, both of which
are sun-loving, so I wouldn't necessarily give up. But that's what
you're up against. If you have a window box or a balcony or a fire
escape, use it.

[IMG] code is On

My Foxglove (digitalis) photo 2 - _MG_1053.jpg Palooka Garden Photos 0 12-05-2008 04:48 AM
My Foxglove (Digitalis) photo 1 - _MG_1036.jpg Palooka Garden Photos 0 12-05-2008 04:48 AM
Indoor Cultivation of Digitalis Michael Gorelick Gardening 0 23-07-2007 06:27 AM
digitalis disaster holly Gardening 7 09-09-2004 06:47 PM
Digitalis indentification Seagul United Kingdom 2 02-06-2004 10:07 PM