Old 03-08-2007, 03:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Peculiar Garden techniques Top This one ;))

I worked with a guy that gardened for food. His method was to disc
his one acre plot then after deciding what he wanted to eat would mix
all the seeds together. Then he would sow them about. A final light
disc by a local farmer who would wait for him to sow. Done.

Then in about two months he would walk though his garden taking
anything he found. He would do this harvest walk about once a week
sometime more if the bounty warranted the walk.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 03-08-2007, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 3, 10:56 am, William Wagner wrote:
I worked with a guy that gardened for food. His method was to disc
his one acre plot then after deciding what he wanted to eat would mix
all the seeds together. Then he would sow them about. A final light
disc by a local farmer who would wait for him to sow. Done.

Then in about two months he would walk though his garden taking
anything he found. He would do this harvest walk about once a week
sometime more if the bounty warranted the walk.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Sounds like a very good plan to me. I have been planting my raised
gardens in clusters which seems to work well and the other thing I do
is add seeds to any bare spots as they appear. That way i always have
new growth emerging.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

"William Wagner" wrote in message

I worked with a guy that gardened for food. His method was to disc
his one acre plot then after deciding what he wanted to eat would mix
all the seeds together. Then he would sow them about. A final light
disc by a local farmer who would wait for him to sow. Done.

Then in about two months he would walk though his garden taking
anything he found. He would do this harvest walk about once a week
sometime more if the bounty warranted the walk.

Bill

What a marvelous adventure in gardening! Sounds like he gardens the same way
I do my filing and record keeping. This particular method makes a little
vein in my "A-R" accountant's neck throb but it works for me. Probably a
disclaimer that this method should not be used by those who plant their
daffodils and tulips in neat, tidy, carefully spaced, straight as an arrow
soldier rows would be appropriate.

Val

[IMG] code is On

Peculiar problem!! Raj Orchids 5 23-05-2006 03:27 AM
Unusual Lawn & Garden Techniques Jeff Lawns 0 06-05-2003 08:08 PM
Pruning Techniques Mike K Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:14 AM