GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pampass grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/165881-pampass-grass.html)

SNUGASABUGXXX 16-10-2007 07:58 PM

pampass grass

(am i spelling pampas correctly?)

I bought a miniature one some years ago and planted it in the middle of my front lawn. Turns out i have been missold because it is huge now - about ten feet tall? and is starting to fill the whole front garden! Is there any way i can contain it?

mleblanca 16-10-2007 09:34 PM

pampass grass

--
SNUGASABUGXXX

Yes one s is correct.

Put on a suit of armor
Cut it down with a chainsaw
Burn whatever remains in the ground!

It could be a dwarf, a full sized plant can get
to 20 feet tall and 15 feet across, nasty thing
It is exteremely invasive on the coast of California.

Emilie
NorCal

SNUGASABUGXXX 17-10-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mleblanca (Post 754606)
On Oct 16, 11:58 am, SNUGASABUGXXX SNUGASABUGXXX.
wrote:[color=blue][i]

Yes one s is correct.

Put on a suit of armor
Cut it down with a chainsaw
Burn whatever remains in the ground!

It could be a dwarf, a full sized plant can get
to 20 feet tall and 15 feet across, nasty thing
It is exteremely invasive on the coast of California.

Emilie
NorCal

Thankyou for your reply - I just wanted to contain it - ie stop it getting any bigger. but i think you might be right - best get rid of it altogether! i think this is a job for hubby!

Ann[_4_] 21-10-2007 08:47 PM

pampass grass

To contain it you need to dig down around the plant and insert something
aroung the roots. I flower pot with the bottom cut out would work. If the
plant is to tall to get the pot over the top of the plant you will need to
use something you can wrap aroung the root ball. The plant is putting out
runners and with a barier it will not spread.

Ann