Old 16-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered User

Default pampass grass

(am i spelling pampas correctly?)

I bought a miniature one some years ago and planted it in the middle of my front lawn. Turns out i have been missold because it is huge now - about ten feet tall? and is starting to fill the whole front garden! Is there any way i can contain it?
Old 16-10-2007, 09:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

--
SNUGASABUGXXX

Yes one s is correct.

Put on a suit of armor
Cut it down with a chainsaw
Burn whatever remains in the ground!

It could be a dwarf, a full sized plant can get
to 20 feet tall and 15 feet across, nasty thing
It is exteremely invasive on the coast of California.

Emilie
NorCal

Old 17-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleblanca View Post
On Oct 16, 11:58 am, SNUGASABUGXXX SNUGASABUGXXX.
wrote:[color=blue][i]

Yes one s is correct.

Put on a suit of armor
Cut it down with a chainsaw
Burn whatever remains in the ground!

It could be a dwarf, a full sized plant can get
to 20 feet tall and 15 feet across, nasty thing
It is exteremely invasive on the coast of California.

Emilie
NorCal
Thankyou for your reply - I just wanted to contain it - ie stop it getting any bigger. but i think you might be right - best get rid of it altogether! i think this is a job for hubby!
Old 21-10-2007, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

To contain it you need to dig down around the plant and insert something
aroung the roots. I flower pot with the bottom cut out would work. If the
plant is to tall to get the pot over the top of the plant you will need to
use something you can wrap aroung the root ball. The plant is putting out
runners and with a barier it will not spread.

Ann

--

"SNUGASABUGXXX" wrote in message

(am i spelling pampas correctly?)

I bought a miniature one some years ago and planted it in the middle of
my front lawn. Turns out i have been missold because it is huge now -
about ten feet tall? and is starting to fill the whole front garden!
Is there any way i can contain it?

--
SNUGASABUGXXX

[IMG] code is On

Pampass Grass Eddy8000 United Kingdom 1 31-01-2011 06:56 PM
pampass grass cuttings Vince United Kingdom 3 30-11-2004 07:01 PM
Buffalo Grass lawns - was: Establishing/nurturing a lawn of St Augustine grass Felix Karpfen Gardening 0 21-03-2004 07:42 PM
WTB: Grass or Silk Grass, HELP! DinkyShop Gardening 1 16-12-2003 01:04 AM
selective herbicides: Liriope and Japanese Stilt Grass- bamboo grass? Doctoroe Gardening 2 21-08-2003 01:32 AM