GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plastic raised bed borders (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/166193-plastic-raised-bed-borders.html)

enigma 30-10-2007 12:32 AM

Plastic raised bed borders

"David E. Ross" wrote in
:

On 10/29/2007 10:45 AM, enigma wrote:
"David E. Ross" wrote in
:

Have you considered Hunter Board? It's a cement board.
It comes in large rectangles that can be sawed. I use a
Hunter Board for the roof on my tortoise's house.

oh... tortoises. are you one of the folks with Pyxis
archnoides? lee

Cleopatra (an ancient beauty) is a California desert
tortoise (Gopherus agassizii), registered with the
California Department of Fish and Game.
Because they are endangered, it's illegal to possess
unregistered
tortoises. I hope to have Cleo's Web page finished soon.

please let me know when you do. i'd love to see her.
i have a pair of P.archanoides arachnoides & a Bell's
Hingeback (Kinixys belliana).
lee

z 30-10-2007 03:40 PM

Plastic raised bed borders

On Oct 25, 7:37 pm, Persephone wrote:
Anybody know where I can get these?

I ordered some last year from Garden Supply,
but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.

These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can
be sawed like regular wood.

Any info welcome.

Persephone

They were/are expensive. I used hollow vinyl fence "boards" from Home
Depot for half the price, which have lasted years, much to my
surprise. But... Home Depot doesn't seem to carry them any more
either. But other places might. Although, as people have suggested,
the plasticish fake lumber for decks does seem to be more heavyduty.