Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2007, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Low-e glass light transmission for plants?

I have a large picture window that I have a bunch of plants in front of (I
bring them in during the winter, take them outside in the summer). The
plants are tropical fruit plants (mango, avacado, lemon, lime, etc.) and
need as much light as possible.

I'm planning on putting a storm window over the picture window, and I have
a choice of regular glass and low-e glass. The price difference is minimal,
but before I go with the low-e I want to know if it is going to block
wavelengths that are beneficial to the plants.

Can anyone point me to a relevant resource?

Thanks!
Ketih