Old 03-11-2007, 12:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Green House Help

We have just purchased a Green House. While waiting for its delivery I
am anxious to learn as much as I can about what and how to grow plants
through the winter in eastern North Carolina. Does anyone have a
favorite book or perhaps some FAQ's on line that I can read? Any
personal experience to share? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mary Jo

Old 03-11-2007, 06:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
We have just purchased a Green House. While waiting for its delivery I
am anxious to learn as much as I can about what and how to grow plants
through the winter in eastern North Carolina. Does anyone have a
favorite book or perhaps some FAQ's on line that I can read? Any
personal experience to share? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mary Jo

Since you have somehow found your way to a gardening news group I surmise
you have access to an online computer. Why don't you put "greenhouse
gardening" into a search and look through some of the many thousands of hits
you'll get.

If you can find some kind soul to lead you to a library there will most
likely be a large selection of books about gardening and hopefully a few
about greenhouse gardening. If you can't find the gardening section your
helpful librarian will lead you to it or point you in the general direction.
The library keeps it's books in order by using the Dewey Decimal System.
Gardening is 635. In this wonderfully useful system you will find 635.9823.
That's the section within the 635 grouping that pertains to greenhouse
gardening.

Val

Old 03-11-2007, 08:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Val" wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Better yet does anyone in the area have a working greenhouse? Some
folks like to share the love of gardening info up close. Approach bring
gifts which may or may not be fruitful.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

"The destiny of nations depends on how we feed ourselves."
Brillat-Savarin

Old 04-11-2007, 06:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article . com,
" wrote:

We have just purchased a Green House. While waiting for its delivery I
am anxious to learn as much as I can about what and how to grow plants
through the winter in eastern North Carolina. Does anyone have a
favorite book or perhaps some FAQ's on line that I can read? Any
personal experience to share? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mary Jo

Get "Greenhouse Gardener's Companion" by Shane Smith.
It's a teriffic book.

Jan
Old 06-11-2007, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message
ups.com...
We have just purchased a Green House. While waiting for its delivery I
am anxious to learn as much as I can about what and how to grow plants
through the winter in eastern North Carolina. Does anyone have a
favorite book or perhaps some FAQ's on line that I can read? Any
personal experience to share? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mary Jo

This is the place for greenhouse questions and information.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/strucs/

I have two hobby greenhouses.