GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Tomatoes in December (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/167917-photo-week-tomatoes-december.html)

Jack Schmidling 12-12-2007 04:45 AM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Tomatoes in December

I think this photo probably needs no explanation but it's hard not to
gloat over picking a tomato in December.

js

Dee.Dee 12-12-2007 04:58 AM

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
I think this photo probably needs no explanation but it's hard not to
gloat over picking a tomato in December.

js

Good Lord, man, I didn't know you were a Renaissance Man!

(Yes, let us know the electric bill.) We haven't had snow like this this
winter here in VA (near the mountains) yet.
Dee Dee

Cheryl Isaak 12-12-2007 11:01 AM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Tomatoes in December

On 12/11/07 11:45 PM, in article
, "Jack

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK:
http://schmidling.com/pow.htm

Hey Jack, I'm headed your way for lunch!

Lucky man!

Brian Mailman 12-12-2007 07:30 PM

Dee.Dee wrote:
"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
I think this photo probably needs no explanation but it's hard not to
gloat over picking a tomato in December.

I've got two cherry tomatoes up on the wall in the kitchen, and they're
still flowering.... I just say, "OK, turn around and go down to the
south forty to get some tomatoes..."

B/

JoeSpareBedroom 12-12-2007 07:47 PM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Tomatoes in December

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
I think this photo probably needs no explanation but it's hard not to
gloat over picking a tomato in December.

js

I hate you. My tomatoe plants look like something from Little Shop of
Horrors. :-)

Jack Schmidling[_1_] 13-12-2007 03:37 PM

Brian Mailman wrote:

I've got two cherry tomatoes up on the wall in the kitchen, and they're
still flowering.... I just say, "OK, turn around and go down to the
south forty to get some tomatoes..."

I had one years ago in a hallway with a South facing window that fruited
all Winter and had a feeling they would do well in a greenhouse.

We have them every year in the garden and I wanted to move one to the GH
but missed the opportunity and you just reminded me to start some.
Problem is, the ones in the garden are volunteers and we haven't planted
them in years so we have no seed and seeds are hard to find now.

Thanks for the jog.

js

Brian Mailman 14-12-2007 01:33 AM

Jack Schmidling wrote:
Brian Mailman wrote:

I've got two cherry tomatoes up on the wall in the kitchen, and they're
still flowering.... I just say, "OK, turn around and go down to the
south forty to get some tomatoes..."

I had one years ago in a hallway with a South facing window that fruited
all Winter and had a feeling they would do well in a greenhouse.

We have them every year in the garden and I wanted to move one to the GH
but missed the opportunity and you just reminded me to start some.
Problem is, the ones in the garden are volunteers and we haven't planted
them in years so we have no seed and seeds are hard to find now.

Thanks for the jog.

:)

I have a note on May 1 to see if for the first time in years I can grow
a rocoto pepper there. I never thought I had enough sun in that window.

B/

Agapanthus 14-12-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Mailman (Post 764811)
Jack Schmidling wrote:
Brian Mailman wrote:

I've got two cherry tomatoes up on the wall in the kitchen, and they're
still flowering.... I just say, "OK, turn around and go down to the
south forty to get some tomatoes..."

I had one years ago in a hallway with a South facing window that fruited
all Winter and had a feeling they would do well in a greenhouse.

We have them every year in the garden and I wanted to move one to the GH
but missed the opportunity and you just reminded me to start some.
Problem is, the ones in the garden are volunteers and we haven't planted
them in years so we have no seed and seeds are hard to find now.

Thanks for the jog.

:)

I have a note on May 1 to see if for the first time in years I can grow
a rocoto pepper there. I never thought I had enough sun in that window.

B/

I simply have to agree - scrumptuous looking tomatoes and to think you manage it in adverse conditions. Congratulations.