GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Troubleshooting Drip Irrigation Vaulve (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/170096-troubleshooting-drip-irrigation-vaulve.html)

[email protected] 02-01-2008 03:31 PM

Troubleshooting Drip Irrigation Vaulve

I have my roses on drip. Recently the drip stopped working and I
suspect the automatic vaulve. There is a little vaulve on the
automatic vaulve and when I turn it, the drip system works so most
likely it is the automatic part. Any tips on troubleshooting this?

Ted Mittelstaedt 03-01-2008 05:41 AM

wrote in message
I have my roses on drip. Recently the drip stopped working and I
suspect the automatic vaulve. There is a little vaulve on the
automatic vaulve and when I turn it, the drip system works so most
likely it is the automatic part. Any tips on troubleshooting this?

Hmm, without the make and model of the valve it's kind of hard to
figure out what you did. Is this valve electromechanical? Is it
permanently mounted and soldered to the pipe or is it screwed
onto the faucet on the outside of the house?

If it's screwed on the faucet and it's not electric then maybe
rust or crud has jammed it up. If it's plastic
you might as well toss it and buy another. If it's brass and you can
take it apart you can maybe clean it. If so, go to an
appliance store and get one of the washers with a screen in it
that they use on washing machine hoses that screw on to faucets.

Ted