Old 02-01-2008, 03:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Troubleshooting Drip Irrigation Vaulve

I have my roses on drip. Recently the drip stopped working and I
suspect the automatic vaulve. There is a little vaulve on the
automatic vaulve and when I turn it, the drip system works so most
likely it is the automatic part. Any tips on troubleshooting this?
Old 03-01-2008, 05:41 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message
I have my roses on drip. Recently the drip stopped working and I
suspect the automatic vaulve. There is a little vaulve on the
automatic vaulve and when I turn it, the drip system works so most
likely it is the automatic part. Any tips on troubleshooting this?

Hmm, without the make and model of the valve it's kind of hard to
figure out what you did. Is this valve electromechanical? Is it
permanently mounted and soldered to the pipe or is it screwed
onto the faucet on the outside of the house?

If it's screwed on the faucet and it's not electric then maybe
rust or crud has jammed it up. If it's plastic
you might as well toss it and buy another. If it's brass and you can
take it apart you can maybe clean it. If so, go to an
appliance store and get one of the washers with a screen in it
that they use on washing machine hoses that screw on to faucets.

Ted

[IMG] code is On

Roses Fertilizing and Drip Irrigation Jon Boehm Roses 8 21-03-2011 06:28 PM
Source for Raindrip Drip-A-long drip hose? [email protected] Gardening 0 29-04-2007 05:59 PM
Drip Irrigation and Roses. Dennis Australia 1 10-02-2004 03:23 AM
drip irrigation for lawns br Texas 1 15-04-2003 09:56 PM
AYTOK Drip Irrigation Equipments , Presents its Products... Tokmak Gardening 0 31-03-2003 01:44 PM