GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/170132-bulbs.html)

[email protected] 04-01-2008 03:03 PM

Bulbs

Does anyone know of any good buy, sell, or trade gardening classifieds?
I am a gardener and this past fall I had a job that was cancelled and I
have box full of bulbs in packages.

Thanks,
Jane

JoeSpareBedroom 04-01-2008 04:32 PM

Bulbs

wrote in message
Does anyone know of any good buy, sell, or trade gardening classifieds?
I am a gardener and this past fall I had a job that was cancelled and I
have box full of bulbs in packages.

Thanks,
Jane

+++++++++++++++++

You might try www.craigslist.org. Posting a list of the specific bulbs here
might not be a bad idea, either.

David E. Ross 04-01-2008 06:07 PM

Bulbs

On 1/4/2008 7:03 AM, wrote:
Does anyone know of any good buy, sell, or trade gardening classifieds?
I am a gardener and this past fall I had a job that was cancelled and I
have box full of bulbs in packages.

Thanks,
Jane

*SNOW 2007
* click here* http://usera.imagecave.com/digitalgirl1961/DEC_31_2007/ *

PLEASE do not put attachments on your messages in this newsgroup.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Bill R 04-01-2008 08:52 PM

Bulbs

David E. Ross wrote:

On 1/4/2008 7:03 AM, wrote:

Does anyone know of any good buy, sell, or trade gardening classifieds?
I am a gardener and this past fall I had a job that was cancelled and I
have box full of bulbs in packages.

Thanks,
Jane

*SNOW 2007
* click here* http://usera.imagecave.com/digitalgirl1961/DEC_31_2007/ *

PLEASE do not put attachments on your messages in this newsgroup.

Jane,

I agree with David. SO many attachments (not yours) turn out to have
malware or viruses in them that many people don't trust people that post
messages with them. And, I can't believe that people are still using
that POS WebTV box.

As for your bulbs, you should be aware that in a lot of areas in the
U.S. the ground is frozen and it is too late to plants them. Also, some
bulbs (like tulips and hyacinths) need to be "cooled" before that they
will bloom so price them accordingly. I noticed a few places around
here still are trying to sell their spring bulbs and they are marked
down 75% and they still aren't selling.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years