Old 16-01-2008, 08:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default dry and hot here

31 degrees here today. a couple of mm of rain in the last month, hot sunny
weather. Everything is wilting, me & the dogs included. We missed all our
late December rain.

rob

Old 16-01-2008, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

George.com wrote:
31 degrees here today. a couple of mm of rain in the last month, hot
sunny weather. Everything is wilting, me & the dogs included. We missed
all our late December rain.

rob

32 degrees here but unfortunately that's degrees F ;(

Frank
Old 17-01-2008, 08:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

"George.com" wrote in message

31 degrees here today. a couple of mm of rain in the last month, hot sunny
weather. Everything is wilting, me & the dogs included. We missed all our
late December rain.

I solved that problem by deciding that I desperately needed shorts. I sat
down to make them and it turned cold and rainy.

Old 17-01-2008, 10:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

"George.com" wrote in message

31 degrees here today. a couple of mm of rain in the last month, hot
sunny weather. Everything is wilting, me & the dogs included. We missed
all our late December rain.

I solved that problem by deciding that I desperately needed shorts. I sat
down to make them and it turned cold and rainy.

shorts will be the order of the day next week when I go back to work after
the summer holiday. Not sure the boss will like me parading around the
office in shorts however I AM not wearing trousers in this heat. Luckily the
first couple of weeks will be quiet so i may get away with it.

rob

Old 17-01-2008, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

George.com wrote:

31 degrees here today. a couple of mm of rain in the last month, hot
sunny weather. Everything is wilting, me & the dogs included. We missed
all our late December rain.

rob

Being on the other side of the world (and equator) I wish that it would
get up to 31 degrees here (31 degrees fahrenheit, that is). This
weekend the temperature is suppose to be in the single digits.
Everything is frozen solid!
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 17-01-2008, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Bill R wrote:
George.com wrote:

31 degrees here today. a couple of mm of rain in the last month, hot
sunny weather. Everything is wilting, me & the dogs included. We
missed all our late December rain.

rob

Being on the other side of the world (and equator) I wish that it would
get up to 31 degrees here (31 degrees fahrenheit, that is). This
weekend the temperature is suppose to be in the single digits.
Everything is frozen solid!

Not looking forward to shoveling 2-3 inches of global warming off drive
and walks tomorrow ;(

Frank
Old 18-01-2008, 08:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

George.com wrote:
31 degrees here today. a couple of mm of rain in the last month, hot
sunny weather. Everything is wilting, me & the dogs included. We missed
all our late December rain.

Well, on a positive note, I've already had a few ripe tomatoes.
Much, much earlier than last year. Although I think that it
is mainly due to switching to a cherry-sized variety called
"Sweet 100."

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

[IMG] code is On

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
Hot (very) and dry (snort) here George.com Gardening 0 21-01-2008 08:46 AM
Still hot and dry Reel McKoi[_6_] Ponds (moderated) 3 27-08-2007 04:26 AM
dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM