Old 18-02-2008, 10:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Norfolk Pines

Those cute little "trees" you find just about anywhere
around Xmas time. I have four of them. If I plant them
outside, will they do well?

I'm in central Texas, zone 7.

--

8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

As seen on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/wacvet

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Old 18-02-2008, 10:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:15:51 -0600, Suzie-Q
wrote:

Those cute little "trees" you find just about anywhere
around Xmas time. I have four of them. If I plant them
outside, will they do well?

I'm in central Texas, zone 7.

In So. Cal they get really big.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Araucaria_heterophylla
Old 18-02-2008, 11:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Suzie-Q
wrote:

Those cute little "trees" you find just about anywhere
around Xmas time. I have four of them. If I plant them
outside, will they do well?

I'm in central Texas, zone 7.

"Zone 7" is so varied between Texas and the Northwest, but here on the
edge of the Olympic Penninsula (Zone 7 up in Sequim, Zone 8 here in
Kitsap) that tree would die in the first good coldsnap. If your area
doesn't freeze in winter, then those trees will grow likes sunzabitches,
become enormous, and if planted anywhere near the house eventually the
stormy night will come that they blow over and crush you in your bed.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html
Old 19-02-2008, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

Suzie-Q

If you do plant them here are some suggestions for you.

Planting
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20..._planting.html

Mulching -
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/mulch.html

Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning

Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Forester & Tree Expert
www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

Old 19-02-2008, 10:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
Those cute little "trees" you find just about anywhere
around Xmas time. I have four of them. If I plant them
outside, will they do well?

I'm in central Texas, zone 7.

--

No. Too cold, they are from subtropical to warm temperate maritime climates.
And they are only little when very young and/or bonsai. In reasonable

David