Old 24-02-2008, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default "Lucky Bamboo"

I have a lucky bamboo plant that, since I have been leaving outside,
has been turning yellow in color. What does this mean?

Also, concerning the tropical plant in general, if the leaves are
turning yellow, what does this generally indicate?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 24-02-2008, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Feb 24, 12:18*pm, wrote:
On Feb 24, 10:46*am, Mea505 wrote:

I have a lucky bamboo plant that, since I have been leaving outside,
has been turning yellow in color. What does this mean?

Also, concerning the tropical plant in general, if the leaves are
turning yellow, what does this generally indicate?

Thanks,

Mark

great group!

No too sure how this answers my question(s)

Old 28-02-2008, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Mea505" wrote in message
I have a lucky bamboo plant that, since I have been leaving outside,
has been turning yellow in color. What does this mean?

Also, concerning the tropical plant in general, if the leaves are
turning yellow, what does this generally indicate?

It's not exposed to cold or freezing is it?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 29-02-2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Feb 24, 9:46 am, Mea505 wrote:
I have a lucky bamboo plant that, since I have been leaving outside,
has been turning yellow in color. What does this mean?

Also, concerning the tropical plant in general, if the leaves are
turning yellow, what does this generally indicate?

Thanks,

Mark

There are two common factors for your leaves turning yellow. The
first is to much direct sunlight and the second is, too salty or
heavily-flouridated tap water. You must keep your plant away from
direct sunlight and water only with filtered water or natural spring
water.

Good Luck!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

g'day mark,

yes try the repotting as has been suggested, add some aquarium
charcoal in the bottom this will help keep the water fresher.

also as has been said it is not "bamboo" in any shape or form, and a
plant that normally survives in soil, being kept as a water culture
feature inside is at all sorts of disadvantages.

also another issues could be your humidity in the house may be too
dry, so aprt from giving it a misting say every couple of weeks
through the growing season with a liquid fertiliser mixed at about 1/4
recommended rate, you my have to increase humidity and one way is to
mist spray the plant at least once a day and more if needed, or the
bathroom may be better suited?

air conditioners and central heating also affect indoor plants.

and whilst direct sunlight is not desired they still need good alround
light for the health of the plant.

try repotting and then do you have a spot outside in good light and
away from direct sun and protected from winds where you can let it
recoup?

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 07:46:31 -0800 (PST), Mea505
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

[IMG] code is On

What's wrong with my lucky bamboo? Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 2 18-07-2007 11:17 AM
Lucky Bamboo Merrill Speeter Gardening 18 15-04-2003 12:32 PM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 23 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 5 27-03-2003 09:56 AM
Lucky Bamboo Indoor Plant TheresaKyn Bamboo 1 10-03-2003 08:24 AM