Old 03-03-2008, 12:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Me and My Lucky Bamboo

I live in Florida, near Ocala. I have what I have been told is a
"Lucky Bamboo" plant. About two weeks ago, I mistakenly left it
outside for too long and it has been turning brown, getting worse.
Does anyone know whether this plant can be cut, and then placed in
water to get it to re-grow? Or can it simply be cut where the brown
starts while remaining in soil?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:46:27 -0800 (PST), Mea505
wrote:

I live in Florida, near Ocala. I have what I have been told is a
"Lucky Bamboo" plant. About two weeks ago, I mistakenly left it
outside for too long and it has been turning brown, getting worse.
Does anyone know whether this plant can be cut, and then placed in
water to get it to re-grow? Or can it simply be cut where the brown
starts while remaining in soil?

Thanks,

Mark

Yes, it can be cut and rooted in water, gravel, or "water beads." The
"water beads" seem to give very good results. Bright light (no sun)
and rain water recommended.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

g'day mark,

is your plant already growing in a potting medium soil base?

also depends on what is meant by outside ie.,. was that in full sun
and lots of wind?

these "not a bamboo" but 'dracaena' are garden plants for filtered sun
well lit part of the garden.

you can trim off all damaged leaves and new ones wil grow you can cut
the top off containing those damaged leaves and the botton bit will
bud and grow, and the top bit(s) can be planted as cutting and they
will grow.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:46:27 -0800 (PST), Mea505
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

[IMG] code is On

Lucky Bamboo and Location Mea505 Gardening 1 26-02-2008 11:36 AM
What's wrong with my lucky bamboo? Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 2 18-07-2007 11:17 AM
Lucky Bamboo Merrill Speeter Gardening 18 15-04-2003 12:32 PM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 5 27-03-2003 09:56 AM
Lucky Bamboo Indoor Plant TheresaKyn Bamboo 1 10-03-2003 08:24 AM