Old 29-03-2008, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default propagators good or bad

Any views on what suits an electric propagator:- jiffy compost pots or
potting compost

gardenal
Old 29-03-2008, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
gardenal wrote:

Any views on what suits an electric propagator:- jiffy compost pots or
potting compost

gardenal

Huh? Could you expand on that? I think I know what you are talking about
but I'm not sure. No sense in answering a question that you didn't ask.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/
Old 29-03-2008, 10:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

gardenal wrote:

Any views on what suits an electric propagator:- jiffy compost pots or
potting compost

gardenal

I use both on my heat pads. I put the jiffy-7s in a plastic container
(the ones that breakfast goods and salads come in) and cover them until
germination. Don't use those styrofoam ones because they don't conduct
the heat well to the growing medium.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 29-03-2008, 11:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mar 29, 3:55*pm, gardenal wrote:
Any views on what suits an electric propagator:- jiffy compost pots or
potting compost

gardenal

I find jiffy pots dry out rather fast, so prefer to put potting
compost into plastic pots or trays.
Dora