Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered User

Default Ideal Plant To Grown Along Top Of Fence

Due to constant high winds in the winters we have had to reduce the height of our dividing rear garden fence to about 5' (it was originally 6') and now when out in the garden I feel that my privacy is exposed.

Can anyone tell of a suitable plant that could be grown up the fence and along the top in order to give us a few more inches of privacy, something quick growing if possible.

I'm not a great gardener and all I can think of is Ivy but I'm sure there's other plants.

Only drawback is that if it has to be grown from in the ground it will have to be a plant that is not harmful to our two pet bunnies. I was thinking that if the plant is dangerous for them, could it be grown from a wall basket part way up the fence?

Many thanks.