GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lavender trumpet vine often abused for illegal recreational activities???? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/17548-lavender-trumpet-vine-often-abused-illegal-recreational-activities.html)

John Robertson 25-04-2003 02:08 AM

lavender trumpet vine often abused for illegal recreational activities????

I got a lavender trumpet vine from ebay, It came with this warning "A
garden beauty often abused for illegal recreational activities." What in
the world are they talking about?

Marley1372 25-04-2003 02:44 AM

lavender trumpet vine often abused for illegal recreational activities????

First you need to find out what a "lavender trumpet vine" is. Is it Campsis
radicans(trumpet vine), which I dont belive has any lavender culitvars? Could
be a morning glory, which is often used by dumbass highschool kids to get
high(they eat the seeds, which often kill people).

Toad

TakeThisOut 25-04-2003 03:08 AM

lavender trumpet vine often abused for illegal recreational activities????

Are there any other types of trumpet vine?

First you need to find out what a "lavender trumpet vine" is. Is it Campsis
radicans(trumpet vine), which I dont belive has any lavender culitvars?
Could
be a morning glory, which is often used by dumbass highschool kids to get
high(they eat the seeds, which often kill people).

Toad

Subject: lavender trumpet vine often abused for illegal recreational
activities????
From:
(Marley1372)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: 25 Apr 2003 01:29:14 GMT

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
TAKETHISOUT budysbackagain(@)THAT TOO a-oh-ell dot com

Dave Fouchey 25-04-2003 03:20 AM

On 25 Apr 2003 01:29:14 GMT, (Marley1372) wrote:

First you need to find out what a "lavender trumpet vine" is. Is it Campsis
radicans(trumpet vine), which I dont belive has any lavender culitvars? Could
be a morning glory, which is often used by dumbass highschool kids to get
high(they eat the seeds, which often kill people).

Toad

Toad check out this Clytostoma callistegioides, AKA Lavender Trumpet
Vine.

Dave

Dave Fouchey 25-04-2003 03:20 AM

lavender trumpet vine often abused for illegal recreational activities????

Sure looks like it

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...noniaceae.html

Dave

On 25 Apr 2003 02:00:14 GMT,
(TakeThisOut) wrote:

Are there any other types of trumpet vine?

First you need to find out what a "lavender trumpet vine" is. Is it Campsis
radicans(trumpet vine), which I dont belive has any lavender culitvars?
Could
be a morning glory, which is often used by dumbass highschool kids to get
high(they eat the seeds, which often kill people).

Toad

activities????
From:
(Marley1372)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: 25 Apr 2003 01:29:14 GMT

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
TAKETHISOUT budysbackagain(@)THAT TOO a-oh-ell dot com

Tsu Dho Nimh 25-04-2003 04:08 AM

John Robertson wrote:

I got a lavender trumpet vine from ebay, It came with this warning "A
garden beauty often abused for illegal recreational activities." What in
the world are they talking about?

Clytostoma callistegioides?

Presumably it has psychoactive compounds?

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both