Old 23-08-2008, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Troubleshooting a sprinkler system

My house came with an older sprinkler system. The control box is a
Rainbird CRC-6. I used it earlier this summer with no problems. But
two weeks ago my controller just displays the number "8". No buttons
work or anything. I disconnected the power but when I connected it
again I got the same thing. I checked the connections on the station
valves, and they seemed solid, although there is a lot of mud caked in
where the wires are joined.

I found a PDF manual off of Rainbirds site but it was no help. Does
anyone have any ideas?
Old 23-08-2008, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

I don't know that particular model, but if it has an internal battery,
you could get strange symptoms when the battery dies. Rainbird is
pretty good about giving advice when you call them.