GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Perennials that deter voles, moles, etc (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/179784-perennials-deter-voles-moles-etc.html)

Bill[_13_] 16-11-2008 03:05 PM

Perennials that deter voles, moles, etc

Išve more plant loss this year than ever before. Prime targets seem
to be Witch Hazels, Anemones and a few young Japanese Maples.
I have planted mole plants before a spurge that seemed to help deter
but have noticed my daffodils and hellebores are immune.

Wondering if anyone knows of other good plant deterrents for rodents.

Bill tired of underground fencing schemes.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

bullthistle 17-11-2008 02:24 AM

You might want to find a ferile cat and that should take care of your problem. They learn to eat by hunting.

mrongey 11-01-2009 08:05 PM

On Nov 16 2008, 7:05*am, Bill wrote:
* Išve more plant loss this year than ever before. *Prime targets seem
to be Witch Hazels, Anemones and a few young Japanese Maples.
*I have planted mole plants before a spurge that seemed to help deter
but have noticed my daffodils and hellebores are immune.

*Wondering if anyone knows of other good plant deterrents for rodents.

* Bill tired of underground fencing schemes.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

The best success I have had with getting rid of moles is using the
bait and applicator from http://www.mole-be-gone.com

Hope this helps!