Old 16-11-2008, 03:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Perennials that deter voles, moles, etc

Ičve more plant loss this year than ever before. Prime targets seem
to be Witch Hazels, Anemones and a few young Japanese Maples.
I have planted mole plants before a spurge that seemed to help deter
but have noticed my daffodils and hellebores are immune.

Wondering if anyone knows of other good plant deterrents for rodents.

Bill tired of underground fencing schemes.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 17-11-2008, 02:24 AM
Registered User

You might want to find a ferile cat and that should take care of your problem. They learn to eat by hunting.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Nov 16 2008, 7:05*am, Bill wrote:
* Ičve more plant loss this year than ever before. *Prime targets seem
to be Witch Hazels, Anemones and a few young Japanese Maples.
*I have planted mole plants before a spurge that seemed to help deter
but have noticed my daffodils and hellebores are immune.

*Wondering if anyone knows of other good plant deterrents for rodents.

* Bill tired of underground fencing schemes.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

The best success I have had with getting rid of moles is using the
bait and applicator from http://www.mole-be-gone.com

Hope this helps!

[IMG] code is On

How deter moles from lawn? Eddy United Kingdom 27 07-09-2008 07:16 PM
voles & moles Boots Crofoot Lawns 5 11-05-2007 04:00 PM
Moles/Voles?? Larry Lawns 6 11-06-2005 05:16 PM
Moles and Voles Keith Corwell Gardening 9 06-09-2003 03:03 AM
Moles VS Voles smitty48 Edible Gardening 3 22-03-2003 08:44 PM