Old 04-03-2009, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Nobody has plants to trade?

"brooklyn1" wrote in
:

All the more reason not to trust you. I use a PO Box too, but
most businesses won't ship to a PO Box, and of those who will
they must have your residence address and phone number too, not
to mention your credit card info. People I trust have my
residence addy and phone number. I would never consider a PO
Box relationship only a trusting relationship, not anymore than
I'd trust an email address only relationship, especially not on
usenet... far more than half the people on usenet are not who
they purport themselves to be.

the only businesses that won't ship to a PO Box are the ones that
don't use USPS to ship. many businesses *do* ship to PO Boxes. i
buy a lot of small items online (yarn, fabric, seeds, etc) & they
are shipped USPS to a PO Box, no problem.
hopefully you're one of the people who aren't who you purport to
be, Shelly. it would be too bad if you really were that nasty.

And finally this is not a commercial Newsgroup... it's bad
netiquette and in poor taste to openly solicit this group for
business purposes, and make no mistake about it, bartering is
indeed a form of business, the world's oldest.

nooB
lee