Old 13-04-2009, 03:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Garden design software?

We are sorting out our garden. Does anybody know of any software
whereby I could use a picture of our empty flowerbed and be able to
place pictures of flowers from a database? We could then place and
arrange exactly how it should look and then get and put in the palnts
for real. If there isn't such a thing there should be!
Old 13-04-2009, 05:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Pete L" wrote in message
We are sorting out our garden. Does anybody know of any software
whereby I could use a picture of our empty flowerbed and be able to
place pictures of flowers from a database? We could then place and
arrange exactly how it should look and then get and put in the palnts
for real. If there isn't such a thing there should be.

Any graphics program will do this. You could set up a grid in Excel and
paste pictures in it.

Old 13-04-2009, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 13 Apr, 17:43, "The moderator" wrote:
"Pete L" wrote in message

We are sorting out our garden. Does anybody know of any software
whereby I could use a picture of our empty flowerbed and be able to
place pictures of flowers from a database? We could then place and
arrange exactly how it should look and then get and put in the palnts
for real. If there isn't such a thing there should be.

Any graphics program will do this. *You could set up a grid in Excel and
paste pictures in it.

Yes, but I don't have any pics. What is needed is a group of different
flowers of various heights and colours and one can just place them in
the pic of the empty garden and arrange until happy..... Well that's
what I would like...
Old 13-04-2009, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Pete L" wrote in message
We are sorting out our garden. Does anybody know of any software
whereby I could use a picture of our empty flowerbed and be able to
place pictures of flowers from a database? We could then place and
arrange exactly how it should look and then get and put in the palnts
for real. If there isn't such a thing there should be!

There are lots. Perhaps this will help:
http://landscaping-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Old 14-04-2009, 03:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 07:54:18 -0700 (PDT), Pete L
wrote:

We are sorting out our garden. Does anybody know of any software
whereby I could use a picture of our empty flowerbed and be able to
place pictures of flowers from a database? We could then place and
arrange exactly how it should look and then get and put in the palnts
for real. If there isn't such a thing there should be!

Many of these applications are just too complex or too limited. The
ones I have tried are more fun than useful. However, keeping a
garden journel can be a valued tool, no software required.