GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's the name of the purple ground cover plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/182885-whats-name-purple-ground-cover-plant.html)

Ennnceee 22-04-2009 07:38 AM

What's the name of the purple ground cover plant?

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil

Phisherman[_3_] 22-04-2009 03:18 PM

What's the name of the purple ground cover plant?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:38:04 +0100, Ennnceee
wrote:

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil

Do you have picture link?

Garrapata 22-04-2009 08:20 PM

What's the name of the purple ground cover plant?

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil

Where are you?

In coastal California it could be one of the Ice Plants.
--

09=ix

JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] 23-04-2009 04:54 AM

"Ennnceee" wrote in message

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil

Any idea where you live?

FarmI 23-04-2009 05:20 AM

"Ennnceee" wrote in message

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Could you at least let us know what hemisphere you live in so we have some
idea of what season these flowers are being produced in?

Stewart Robert Hinsley 23-04-2009 12:14 PM

What's the name of the purple ground cover plant?

In message , Ennnceee
writes

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil

To add to the names already mentioned - Aubrieta, Vinca, ....
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley