Old 22-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Registered User

Default What's the name of the purple ground cover plant?

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil
Old 22-04-2009, 03:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:38:04 +0100, Ennnceee
wrote:

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil

Do you have picture link?
Old 22-04-2009, 08:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil

Where are you?

In coastal California it could be one of the Ice Plants.
--

09=ix
Old 23-04-2009, 04:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Ennnceee" wrote in message

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil

Any idea where you live?

Old 23-04-2009, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Ennnceee" wrote in message

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Could you at least let us know what hemisphere you live in so we have some
idea of what season these flowers are being produced in?

Old 23-04-2009, 12:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

In message , Ennnceee
writes

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants
close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what
they might be called?

Many thanks

Neil

To add to the names already mentioned - Aubrieta, Vinca, ....
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley