Old 23-04-2009, 08:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Sad story worth repeating concerning Walnut Acres

Used to place a monthly order that I could pick up at a drop off house
about 5 miles away. All sorts of foods from small producers. The dates
rolled in coconut whew. The stables and the monthly note from Paul.
So human seemed like family hell they were told to do good work
providing food from some skinny Indian guy in 1946. Then it was gone
no clue as to what happened. Found this PDF much latter which answered
questions but could not address the void. Organic with a face and
vitality and other attributes gone.

Still have Eden Foods but I was spoiled.

Anyway a good read even if sad.

http://www.nofa.org/tnf/2006spring/The%20Walnut%20Acres%20Story.pdf

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

Old 24-04-2009, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 4/23/09 3:58 PM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

Used to place a monthly order that I could pick up at a drop off house
about 5 miles away. All sorts of foods from small producers. The dates
rolled in coconut whew. The stables and the monthly note from Paul.
So human seemed like family hell they were told to do good work
providing food from some skinny Indian guy in 1946. Then it was gone
no clue as to what happened. Found this PDF much latter which answered
questions but could not address the void. Organic with a face and
vitality and other attributes gone.

Still have Eden Foods but I was spoiled.

Anyway a good read even if sad.

http://www.nofa.org/tnf/2006spring/The%20Walnut%20Acres%20Story.pdf

Bill

I have to admit I was confused - I just "found" Walnut Acres; their low
sodium pasta sauce is a family favorite.

Is the quality lesser now? I can't get into the Hain site this AM so I can't
comment otherwise.

Cheryl

The brand name was sold. I can't speak of the quality now but the
trust engendered by the "Real Walnut Acres" was developed over time.
They did their own canning, had refrigerated grain bins, and were wacko
in a wonderful sense. Loved them. Think small scale with community
involvement aka real work with a charity too boot to help India's
children and there was no overhead cost. Dollar in Dollar out.

Bill

Old 24-04-2009, 08:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 4/24/09 10:15 AM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 4/23/09 3:58 PM, in article
, "Bill"
wrote:

[...]

Can't say I blame them for selling.

Hain seems to be a decent place; maybe not as socially conscious as WA, but
few are.

[IMG] code is On

Sad story re pond someone United Kingdom 13 04-01-2011 10:30 AM
Repeating Clematis Jane United Kingdom 1 30-08-2006 06:56 PM
Worth Repeating...Dandy Orandas ~roy~ Ponds 0 15-05-2005 12:52 AM
I know its been said, but it bears repeating "Don't Use Copper" Cla Ponds 7 18-02-2004 04:33 PM
Well, Repeating Decimal, Did you FInd It? Phaedrine Stonebridge Edible Gardening 1 17-08-2003 04:07 AM