Old 15-05-2009, 08:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default FFA

Susan N. posted

"I wouldn't send a beginning gardener to Wal Mart. The other stores
and garden centers will have the basics. The beginning gardener
should have the best quality seeds available. Otherwise they will
become very discouraged with lack of germination and not continue.
They won't know that it is not their fault."
Years ago there was Future Farmers of America at my high school. This
~1965. Guess the education concerning gardening and farming has gone
on to college. When it was grass roots locals provided know how, tools
and plant life. Stuff that grew about was sold about.

http://tinyurl.com/ohx2pc

Looks like a info war is going on. Yea I know no manure but the good
guys seem to be doing well.

From above URL

http://www.csuchico.edu/sustainablef.../documents/Col
lege_of_Agr.pdf

Still the media sort of talks about the organic small garden at the
white house but reports about the chemical companies response.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0...rden-ass_n_185
616.html

Bill who can purchase organic milk in my local market place but it is
Ultra Pasteurized. Seems some germs are Bad and our feedlot germs are
under control with meds.
Aside any family members older than 60 not on meds?

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

Old 16-05-2009, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2009 15:52:47 -0400, Bill
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ohx2pc

What the hell is this shit, Bill? When I poke this URL, I gotta make
Firefox addons do things that scare me and then I get results that
make me have to make other addons do other things?!?!!?

Phooey, this may be cool, but I ain't playing this game!

Charlie, plain-text sorta guy, Luddite, or whatever you wanna call me.

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&...ral+Curriculum

Bill