Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-05-2009, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Roundup questions

My garden is weedy. I'm tilling it and preparing it to plant. Yeah, yeah,
yeah, I waited a long time, I know.

I have what seems to be Bermuda grass or a variant. Stuff that has a
spreading root system. Hundreds of other garden variety weeds. I till and
till, and rake out the weeds and roots, but I know I won't get them all.

I use Roundup on my 2+ acre spread. I have heard that it only kills what it
comes in contact with, and doesn't work once it hits the soil. I'd like to
know if it is safe to use in the garden on the weedy areas, or will it stay
in there after I plant. Other suggestions for weed control that is plant
friendly would be appreciated.

Steve