GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help needed for a memory tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/184575-help-needed-memory-tree.html)

bub1234 08-06-2009 06:19 PM

Help needed for a memory tree

Hi Everone.

This is my first time on the forum and I am hoping to get some advice, let me explain........ I am very new to gardening, so new that I have just had my garden blocked paved because I couldn't cope with the grass!! I now have a lovely garden with a few big pots with plants in, my mum carefully selected for me and that I enjoy tending to.

Now here comes the question, I have recently suffered a loss and would like to plant something in their memory. I am getting a largish, tallish pot and would like something that doesn’t need too much care (I don’t want that to die on me too), something with a bit of height and something that produces lovely flowers/colours. I already a rose tree so am looking for something different.

This is probably as clear as mud but I’m looking forward to receiving some advice.

Thanks

brooklyn1 08-06-2009 10:30 PM

"bub1234" wrote:

[...]

I don't think anything planted in a pot is going to be much of a lasting
memorial, even bonsais die when the caretaker can't... remove a few blocks
and plant something directly in the ground... a ginkgo tree would be nice,
it'll grow very slowly and with no care at all will live a couple thousand
years: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kwanten/

mleblanca 09-06-2009 02:21 AM

Help needed for a memory tree

--
bub1234

Hi Bub
The following info would be helpful:
1/ where in the world are you? we need climate info.
(since you spell "colours" I am guessing somewhere in the UK)
2/ What is the site like: morning sun, afternoon sun, all day sun,
no sun at all.........
3/ What exactly is the size of a "largish, tallish pot"???

It's very nice of you to plant a Memory Plant.
Emilie
NorCal