Old 08-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Help needed for a memory tree

Hi Everone.

This is my first time on the forum and I am hoping to get some advice, let me explain........ I am very new to gardening, so new that I have just had my garden blocked paved because I couldn't cope with the grass!! I now have a lovely garden with a few big pots with plants in, my mum carefully selected for me and that I enjoy tending to.

Now here comes the question, I have recently suffered a loss and would like to plant something in their memory. I am getting a largish, tallish pot and would like something that doesn’t need too much care (I don’t want that to die on me too), something with a bit of height and something that produces lovely flowers/colours. I already a rose tree so am looking for something different.

This is probably as clear as mud but I’m looking forward to receiving some advice.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2009, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help needed for a memory tree

"bub1234" wrote:

[...]

I don't think anything planted in a pot is going to be much of a lasting
memorial, even bonsais die when the caretaker can't... remove a few blocks
and plant something directly in the ground... a ginkgo tree would be nice,
it'll grow very slowly and with no care at all will live a couple thousand
years: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kwanten/

Old 09-06-2009, 02:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

--
bub1234

Hi Bub
The following info would be helpful:
1/ where in the world are you? we need climate info.
(since you spell "colours" I am guessing somewhere in the UK)
2/ What is the site like: morning sun, afternoon sun, all day sun,
no sun at all.........
3/ What exactly is the size of a "largish, tallish pot"???

It's very nice of you to plant a Memory Plant.
Emilie
NorCal

[IMG] code is On

Plant memory Davisons Trull Plant Science 29 25-08-2004 01:54 AM
memory Jog fuerjefe Ponds 8 15-02-2004 02:37 AM
looking for Fragrant Memory Tom Sherwood Roses 1 24-12-2003 04:44 PM
A memory of spring, and a time to rejoice for just being here madgard Gardening 2 10-03-2003 10:32 PM
Sommat I've Seen - Memory help needed Alison United Kingdom 3 04-03-2003 05:17 PM