GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New plant discoveries at least to you (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/185610-new-plant-discoveries-least-you.html)

Bill who putters 10-07-2009 08:14 PM

New plant discoveries at least to you

Watched about 10 minutes of TV this AM on a garden program. They
depicted this shade loving red flowered plant which I just ordered from
parks . Likes to zone 4. Hope it propagates easily. 1 3 inch pot with
shipping $25 :((

Indian Pink
Spigelia marilandica

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/48891/

Bill a sucker for shade and humming bird plants

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 11-07-2009 11:20 AM

Bill who putters said:

Watched about 10 minutes of TV this AM on a garden program. They
depicted this shade loving red flowered plant which I just ordered from
parks . Likes to zone 4. Hope it propagates easily. 1 3 inch pot with
shipping $25 :((

Indian Pink
Spigelia marilandica

I'd been wanting this for years and found it this spring at a local nursery.
Snapped up three pots (extra deep 4"). I think they were 6.99 (or
maybe 7.99).

They actually bloomed this year. Rather nice. Hope they survive and
spread out a bit.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored

gardenplanters 23-07-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill who putters (Post 855501)
Watched about 10 minutes of TV this AM on a garden program. They
depicted this shade loving red flowered plant which I just ordered from
parks . Likes to zone 4. Hope it propagates easily. 1 3 inch pot with
shipping $25 :((

Indian Pink
Spigelia marilandica

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/48891/

Bill a sucker for shade and humming bird plants

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

Hi,
The thread "Discovery of new medicinal plant" has not received any replies for a month. It has been automatically closed as a result. They actually bloomed this year. Rather nice. Hope they survive and
spread out a bit.