Old 10-07-2009, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default New plant discoveries at least to you

Watched about 10 minutes of TV this AM on a garden program. They
depicted this shade loving red flowered plant which I just ordered from
parks . Likes to zone 4. Hope it propagates easily. 1 3 inch pot with
shipping $25 (

Indian Pink
Spigelia marilandica

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/48891/

Bill a sucker for shade and humming bird plants

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/
Old 11-07-2009, 11:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

Bill who putters said:

Watched about 10 minutes of TV this AM on a garden program. They
depicted this shade loving red flowered plant which I just ordered from
parks . Likes to zone 4. Hope it propagates easily. 1 3 inch pot with
shipping $25 (

Indian Pink
Spigelia marilandica

I'd been wanting this for years and found it this spring at a local nursery.
Snapped up three pots (extra deep 4"). I think they were 6.99 (or
maybe 7.99).

They actually bloomed this year. Rather nice. Hope they survive and
spread out a bit.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 23-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill who putters View Post
Watched about 10 minutes of TV this AM on a garden program. They
depicted this shade loving red flowered plant which I just ordered from
parks . Likes to zone 4. Hope it propagates easily. 1 3 inch pot with
shipping $25 (

Indian Pink
Spigelia marilandica

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/48891/

Bill a sucker for shade and humming bird plants

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

Hi,
The thread "Discovery of new medicinal plant" has not received any replies for a month. It has been automatically closed as a result. They actually bloomed this year. Rather nice. Hope they survive and
spread out a bit.
http://Garden-Planters.com