GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pine Tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/185632-pine-tree.html)

[email protected] 11-07-2009 03:13 PM

Pine Tree

How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

mj 11-07-2009 04:55 PM

Pine Tree

On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ

Bill who putters 11-07-2009 05:08 PM

Pine Tree

In article
,
mj wrote:

On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ

Each morning at 7:00 Am go to the tree and curse it. This will work in
time.

Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

mj 11-07-2009 05:59 PM

Pine Tree

On Jul 11, 12:08*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,

*mj wrote:
On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ

*Each morning at 7:00 Am go to the tree and curse it. *This will work in
time.

*Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

Funny, can you give me a specific chant?

Bill who putters 11-07-2009 06:56 PM

Pine Tree

In article
,
mj wrote:

On Jul 11, 12:08*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,

*mj wrote:
On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ

*Each morning at 7:00 Am go to the tree and curse it. *This will work in
time.

*Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

Funny, can you give me a specific chant?

Anything you can think of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocebo

Bill

[email protected] 11-07-2009 11:26 PM

Pine Tree

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:59:19 -0700 (PDT), mj
wrote:

On Jul 11, 12:08*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,

*mj wrote:
On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ

*Each morning at 7:00 Am go to the tree and curse it. *This will work in
time.

*Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

Funny, can you give me a specific chant?

I hate trees, I hate trees.

Why do you want to kill it? Where are you located? How big is the
tree?

Don't use antifreeze - that kills animals, not trees.

Kate

Phisherman[_3_] 11-07-2009 11:49 PM

Pine Tree

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 07:13:10 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

If you want a dead pine tree, no need to waste gas, I have three.

Gloria P 12-07-2009 01:09 AM

Pine Tree

wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Then I'd say it's not yours to kill, either.

gloria p

[email protected] 12-07-2009 04:05 AM

Pine Tree

" writes:

How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

Poisining the ground like that is a really bad idea.
Now you have your own personal superfund site.

My guess is that the tree will die.
It may take some time.

Do not pour any more gas there.
If you are caught you are liable for the clean up costs.
Do you think you can afford the costs?
Not to mention the fine.

Billy[_7_] 12-07-2009 06:42 AM

Pine Tree

In article ,
Gloria P wrote:

wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Then I'd say it's not yours to kill, either.

gloria p

Naw, I want Kill-Kill-Kate. I'm sure she has a diesel fuel - ammonium
nitrate solution to all of this. Maybe she can even recommend a good
lawyer. Be sure to give recognition to those to which it is due.
Ask nice, and she may even share her design of a small thermonuclear
device.
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn

Nanzi 13-07-2009 03:17 PM

Pine Tree

On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Girdle it. That is cutting off a strip of bark all the way around the
trunk of the tree. DH has done it to several being careless with the
lawnmower, works every time.

Zeppo 14-07-2009 05:48 PM

Pine Tree

wrote in message
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Add a lit match and think you'll be all set.

Jon

Higgs Boson 15-07-2009 05:26 PM

Pine Tree

On Jul 14, 9:48*am, "Zeppo" wrote:
wrote in message

How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Add a lit match and think you'll be all set.

Jon

So far no one has asked WHY he wants to get rid of the tree.

Persephone

bullthistle 22-07-2009 01:56 PM

Just like removing a stump. Drill some holes and inject some Roundup.