Old 11-07-2009, 03:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Pine Tree

How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ
Old 11-07-2009, 04:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ
Old 11-07-2009, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
mj wrote:

On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ

Each morning at 7:00 Am go to the tree and curse it. This will work in
time.

Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/
Old 11-07-2009, 05:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

On Jul 11, 12:08*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,

*mj wrote:
On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ

*Each morning at 7:00 Am go to the tree and curse it. *This will work in
time.

*Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

Funny, can you give me a specific chant?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
mj wrote:

On Jul 11, 12:08*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,

*mj wrote:
On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ

*Each morning at 7:00 Am go to the tree and curse it. *This will work in
time.

*Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

Funny, can you give me a specific chant?

Anything you can think of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocebo

Bill

Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:59:19 -0700 (PDT), mj
wrote:

On Jul 11, 12:08*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,

*mj wrote:
On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is
no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze?
MJ

*Each morning at 7:00 Am go to the tree and curse it. *This will work in
time.

*Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/

Funny, can you give me a specific chant?

I hate trees, I hate trees.

Why do you want to kill it? Where are you located? How big is the
tree?

Don't use antifreeze - that kills animals, not trees.

Kate
Old 11-07-2009, 11:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 07:13:10 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

If you want a dead pine tree, no need to waste gas, I have three.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Then I'd say it's not yours to kill, either.

gloria p
Old 12-07-2009, 04:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

" writes:

How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

Poisining the ground like that is a really bad idea.
Now you have your own personal superfund site.

My guess is that the tree will die.
It may take some time.

Do not pour any more gas there.
If you are caught you are liable for the clean up costs.
Do you think you can afford the costs?
Not to mention the fine.
Old 13-07-2009, 03:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 11, 10:13*am, "
wrote:
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Girdle it. That is cutting off a strip of bark all the way around the
trunk of the tree. DH has done it to several being careless with the
lawnmower, works every time.
Old 14-07-2009, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Add a lit match and think you'll be all set.

Jon

Old 15-07-2009, 05:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Jul 14, 9:48*am, "Zeppo" wrote:
wrote in message

How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Add a lit match and think you'll be all set.

Jon

So far no one has asked WHY he wants to get rid of the tree.

Persephone

Old 22-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours
to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ
HI,
__________________
http://Garden-Planters.com
Old 22-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered User

Just like removing a stump. Drill some holes and inject some Roundup.

[IMG] code is On

pine tree for pine nuts jay jay United Kingdom 3 04-10-2004 07:37 AM
[IBC] Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-01-2004 09:28 PM
Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Dish Gardening 4 03-01-2004 08:42 PM
Sick Pine tree? far7134 Gardening 10 31-03-2003 04:56 AM
HELP with aftermath of Pine Tree removal David J. Bockman Gardening 2 24-02-2003 03:03 AM