Old 15-07-2009, 07:47 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.gardens

Default AAC audio Files notice the cross post gardeners

Hello I got a lot of music in Itunes. Some how files not from Amazon
MPEG or protected turned into AAC these from my CD's. Can I get them
back ?

I used to just type .Mp3 to send a friend a sound.

But this now occurs .

Attachment converted: Billy's Macintosh HD:04 Struggle For Pleasure
1.mp3 (M4A /hook) (004A8B17)

Dumfounded.

Bill

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://prototype.nytimes.com/gst/articleSkimmer/
Old 15-07-2009, 07:54 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Hello I got a lot of music in Itunes. Some how files not from Amazon
MPEG or protected turned into AAC these from my CD's. Can I get them
back ?

I used to just type .Mp3 to send a friend a sound.

But this now occurs .

Attachment converted: Billy's Macintosh HD:04 Struggle For Pleasure
1.mp3 (M4A /hook) (004A8B17)

Dumfounded.

Bill

Before importing from your CDs go to iTunes / Preferences / General /
When you insert a CD... click on Import Options and set your encoder
and quality settings.
Old 15-07-2009, 08:16 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.gardens

In article ,
Gerry wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Hello I got a lot of music in Itunes. Some how files not from Amazon
MPEG or protected turned into AAC these from my CD's. Can I get them
back ?

I used to just type .Mp3 to send a friend a sound.

But this now occurs .

Attachment converted: Billy's Macintosh HD:04 Struggle For Pleasure
1.mp3 (M4A /hook) (004A8B17)

Dumfounded.

Bill

Before importing from your CDs go to iTunes / Preferences / General /
When you insert a CD... click on Import Options and set your encoder
and quality settings.

Old Cd's placed in to Itunes changed to ACC. Amazon MPEG works well
and I know protected is such but my own have been tagged some way too.

Anyone dealing with Mp3 that is really Mp4. I'm think snail mail is a
lot less invasive. I want a modicum of control.

Bill

Old 15-07-2009, 08:51 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.gardens

Bill who putters wrote:

Before importing from your CDs go to iTunes / Preferences / General /
When you insert a CD... click on Import Options and set your encoder
and quality settings.

Old Cd's placed in to Itunes changed to ACC. Amazon MPEG works well
and I know protected is such but my own have been tagged some way too.

Anyone dealing with Mp3 that is really Mp4. I'm think snail mail is a
lot less invasive. I want a modicum of control.

Why don't you just check your iTunes preferences like Gerry said and
change the setting from AAC to MP3? Your music is being imported that
way because that's what your settings currently say to.

--
My latest dance routine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4twDW3OUYg

Mac and geek T-shirts & gifts http://designsbymike.net/shop/mac.cgi
Prius shirts/bumper stickers http://designsbymike.net/shop/prius.cgi
Old 22-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill who putters View Post
Hello I got a lot of music in Itunes. Some how files not from Amazon
MPEG or protected turned into AAC these from my CD's. Can I get them
back ?

I used to just type .Mp3 to send a friend a sound.

But this now occurs .

Attachment converted: Billy's Macintosh HD:04 Struggle For Pleasure
1.mp3 (M4A /hook) (004A8B17)

Dumfounded.

Bill

--