Old 19-08-2009, 07:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Growing Your Own: An Urban Farmerıs Memoir

Yea I know book spam but worth a look .

http://flavorwire.com/34296/growing-your-own

Bill mentions E.B. White (Once and future king)

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 19-08-2009, 07:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Yea I know book spam but worth a look .

http://flavorwire.com/34296/growing-your-own

Bill mentions E.B. White (Once and future king)

Stupid Bill gets confused some times.

"The Once and Future King is an Arthurian fantasy novel written by T. H.
White. It was first published in 1958 and is mostly a composite of
earlier works."

Read it !

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 19-08-2009, 11:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
PhoenixWench wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Yea I know book spam but worth a look .

http://flavorwire.com/34296/growing-your-own

Bill mentions E.B. White (Once and future king)

Stupid Bill gets confused some times.

"The Once and Future King is an Arthurian fantasy novel written by T. H.
White. It was first published in 1958 and is mostly a composite of
earlier works."

Read it !

Lovely book - one of my favorites among those I re-read every couple
years or so ;-)

Hard to depict the beauty . Perhaps similar to music by Wim Mertens?

Bill post to me at and I will reply with some music
tidbits..

--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 20-08-2009, 01:38 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

Yea I know book spam but worth a look .

http://flavorwire.com/34296/growing-your-own

Bill mentions E.B. White (Once and future king)

Thanks for the read.

Makes me think about what could have been in South Central Los Angeles.
if that human excrement, Ralph Horowitz, hadn't sold the property that
was the South Central Community Garden. But he perceived an insult, and
decided on group punishment, and destroyed with warehouses, a vital
community asset, out of pettiness, and with no thought of the community.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Central_Farm
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm