Old 03-10-2009, 06:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Pinging catus experts

About three weeks ago I planted a catus found in a local nursery. Don't know
what kind it is, but it has three slender stalks that are about 3 feet high.
I live in the San Bernardino area of Southern Calif. and planted it with a
mixture of soil admentment and native soil(sand). It has since started
turning from the original green color to a yellowish color. I watered it
well after planting. I am wondering if this yellowing color of the stalks
might be normal till it gets established or if there is something else I
should do to help it along. It gets sun from about mid morning on. Thanks
for any advise. The catus looks similar to this only, smaller aand fewer
ribs with smaller thorns.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...13950391kZXOtc

--
Paul O.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:03:58 -0700, "Paul" wrote:

About three weeks ago I planted a catus found in a local nursery. Don't know
what kind it is, but it has three slender stalks that are about 3 feet high.
I live in the San Bernardino area of Southern Calif. and planted it with a
mixture of soil admentment and native soil(sand). It has since started
turning from the original green color to a yellowish color. I watered it
well after planting. I am wondering if this yellowing color of the stalks
might be normal till it gets established or if there is something else I
should do to help it along. It gets sun from about mid morning on. Thanks
for any advise. The catus looks similar to this only, smaller aand fewer
ribs with smaller thorns.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...13950391kZXOtc

Resist the temptation to water a cactus after transplanting, for at
least 3-4 weeks. What was this secret "amendment" you added? Check
for rot.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

--
Paul O.
"Phisherman" wrote in message
[...]

The admendment is one of those available at Lowes. Guess I shouldn't have
watered it. Hopefully it will survive. Thanks.

Paul O.

[IMG] code is On

Catus Paul Gardening 5 08-12-2009 01:35 AM
OT - Pinging Jan & Kathy Bonnie Ponds 2 02-10-2004 06:55 AM
OT - Pinging Jan & Kathy Bonnie Ponds 0 01-10-2004 08:10 PM
Questions for chilli experts Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 04-06-2003 10:44 AM
German foresty experts Michael Yared alt.forestry 0 08-12-2002 05:26 AM