Old 20-10-2009, 11:29 PM posted to rec.martial-arts,alt.guns,sci.chem,rec.gardens

Default concealed weapons

On Oct 16, Bill Penrose wrote:
As for ricin... it can be home made, as I recall....

You might not want to make ricin. You might not survive the
experience.

How do they make castor oil? Safely, I mean...

People are forever coming to chem forums wanting to know how to
make poisons, explosives and drugs.

What about hemlock? Can I grow that in
my garden? Though I don't even know what
it looks like...

Can you put it on a dart, or does it have to be ingested?

Sam

Old 21-10-2009, 02:36 AM posted to rec.martial-arts,alt.guns,sci.chem,rec.gardens

On Oct 20, 3:29*pm, Sam the Bam wrote:

How do they make castor oil? *Safely, I mean...

Destroy the protein with heat, the same way the oil is freed from the
bean.

What about hemlock? *Can I grow that in
my garden? *Though I don't even know what
it looks like...

There's several entirely different plants named hemlock, including an
evergreen bush that contains no coniine, the nasty part.

DB

Old 22-10-2009, 12:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

Sam the Bam wrote:

What about hemlock? Can I grow that in
my garden? Though I don't even know what
it looks like...

Poison hemlock is a common weed, nothing like our evergreen
hemlock. When you hike, don't be eating anything along the trails.

gloria p