GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery plant id anyone help? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/188280-mystery-plant-id-anyone-help.html)

Ren 18-11-2009 11:24 PM

Mystery plant id anyone help?

I have this image of an unknown plant and wondered if anyone had any ideas of what it is?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ren

David E. Ross[_2_] 19-11-2009 07:14 AM

On 11/18/2009 3:24 PM, Ren wrote:
I have this image of an unknown plant and wondered if anyone had any
ideas of what it is?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ren

NOTE: Most news servers block or strip away attachments. Put the image
on a Web site and give us the link.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Ren 19-11-2009 09:58 AM

Sorry for the omission of the image!
Iit seems the image wasn't uploaded.
Here it is again.

link to flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44666490@N04/4116435071/

or image url
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2603/...cc387d6b62.jpg

thanks!
Ren

Pat Kiewicz[_2_] 20-11-2009 11:48 AM

Ren said:

Sorry for the omission of the image!
Iit seems the image wasn't uploaded.
Here it is again.

link to flickr
http://tinyurl.com/ygvs72n

or image url
http://tinyurl.com/yje6kxg

Sort of a stab in the dark, becaue the image is so small.
But I get the impression it might be:

Sasa pygmaea
(Also known as Pleioblastus pygmaeus or Arundinaria pygmaea)

Goes by the common English name of Pygmy Bamboo.

But that's only a guess.

http://www.thebamboogardens.com/pictures/pygma.jpg
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored

lannerman 20-11-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Kiewicz[_2_] (Post 870191)
Ren said:

Sorry for the omission of the image!
Iit seems the image wasn't uploaded.
Here it is again.

link to flickr
http://tinyurl.com/ygvs72n

or image url
http://tinyurl.com/yje6kxg

Sort of a stab in the dark, becaue the image is so small.
But I get the impression it might be:

Sasa pygmaea
(Also known as Pleioblastus pygmaeus or Arundinaria pygmaea)

Goes by the common English name of Pygmy Bamboo.

But that's only a guess.

http://www.thebamboogardens.com/pictures/pygma.jpg
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Hi Ren, another total stab in the dark, is it a form of Acacia? (mimosa) are those flowers in the picture? If you could show us a bigger picture and in colour it would help!
Best Wishes Lannerman