Old 18-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Ren Ren is offline
Registered User

Default Mystery plant id anyone help?

I have this image of an unknown plant and wondered if anyone had any ideas of what it is?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ren
Old 19-11-2009, 07:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 11/18/2009 3:24 PM, Ren wrote:
I have this image of an unknown plant and wondered if anyone had any
ideas of what it is?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ren

NOTE: Most news servers block or strip away attachments. Put the image
on a Web site and give us the link.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 19-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Ren Ren is offline
Registered User

I have this image of an unknown plant and wondered if anyone had any ideas of what it is?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ren
Attached Thumbnails
Mystery plant id anyone help?-plant-unknown.jpg
Old 19-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Ren Ren is offline
Registered User

Sorry for the omission of the image!
Iit seems the image wasn't uploaded.
Here it is again.

link to flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44666490@N04/4116435071/

or image url
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2603/...cc387d6b62.jpg

thanks!
Ren
Old 20-11-2009, 11:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

Ren said:

Sorry for the omission of the image!
Iit seems the image wasn't uploaded.
Here it is again.

link to flickr
http://tinyurl.com/ygvs72n

or image url
http://tinyurl.com/yje6kxg

Sort of a stab in the dark, becaue the image is so small.
But I get the impression it might be:

Sasa pygmaea
(Also known as Pleioblastus pygmaeus or Arundinaria pygmaea)

Goes by the common English name of Pygmy Bamboo.

But that's only a guess.

http://www.thebamboogardens.com/pictures/pygma.jpg
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 20-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Kiewicz[_2_] View Post
Ren said:

Sorry for the omission of the image!
Iit seems the image wasn't uploaded.
Here it is again.

link to flickr
http://tinyurl.com/ygvs72n

or image url
http://tinyurl.com/yje6kxg

Sort of a stab in the dark, becaue the image is so small.
But I get the impression it might be:

Sasa pygmaea
(Also known as Pleioblastus pygmaeus or Arundinaria pygmaea)

Goes by the common English name of Pygmy Bamboo.

But that's only a guess.

http://www.thebamboogardens.com/pictures/pygma.jpg
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
"No dear, this is the dream, you're still in the cell."

email valid but not regularly monitored
Hi Ren, another total stab in the dark, is it a form of Acacia? (mimosa) are those flowers in the picture? If you could show us a bigger picture and in colour it would help!
Best Wishes Lannerman