GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What do you think of felco secateurs? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/188298-what-do-you-think-felco-secateurs.html)

Bingley Gardens 20-11-2009 01:44 PM

What do you think of felco secateurs?

Personally i think they are one of the best out there. I bought a pair of Felco No2's from http://www.garden-goodies.co.uk/ and they were so cheap i couldnt believe it. Also it was free postage!!!!! Let me know wot u think? and if you have bought a pair from them?

Matt

lannerman 20-11-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bingley Gardens (Post 870189)
Personally i think they are one of the best out there. I bought a pair of Felco No2's from http://www.garden-goodies.co.uk/ and they were so cheap i couldnt believe it. Also it was free postage!!!!! Let me know wot u think? and if you have bought a pair from them?

Matt

Hi Matt, I also think that they are the best on the market but like any tool will last longer if looked after. I bought mine (Felco No2's) when I went to
Cannington in 1968 (Somerset Farm Institute). Being a landscape gardener and propagator of plants I use mine on a very regular basis and all I have replaced is the spring (several times) and the blade once. The handles are now silver as all the red plastic coating has long gone.
Best Wishes Lannerman.