Old 06-03-2010, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Garden diary Software

I've not really done this aspect of gardening well. I've been more
into weather. But "Chronories" Mac software seems to be pushing me in
data collection for the garden. The software is really a database
maker but shows up and bugs me for input. I'm talking about what I
plan and did in the garden. Can than look back via date and read. Does
more too like what apps or music or ..... Planted this done that when
and how it workout. Neat.

US ~$ 20 free trial. A beta

http://www.synium.de/products/chronories/index.html

Bill

--
Billl Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 06-03-2010, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 3/6/10 7:55 AM, Bill who putters wrote:
I've not really done this aspect of gardening well. I've been more
into weather. But "Chronories" Mac software seems to be pushing me in
data collection for the garden. The software is really a database
maker but shows up and bugs me for input. I'm talking about what I
plan and did in the garden. Can than look back via date and read. Does
more too like what apps or music or ..... Planted this done that when
and how it workout. Neat.

US ~$ 20 free trial. A beta

http://www.synium.de/products/chronories/index.html

Bill

I do my diary as a set of Web pages; see my signature. I could also use
a table within Word if I did not want to make it public.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 06-03-2010, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"David E. Ross" wrote:

On 3/6/10 7:55 AM, Bill who putters wrote:
I've not really done this aspect of gardening well. I've been more
into weather. But "Chronories" Mac software seems to be pushing me in
data collection for the garden. The software is really a database
maker but shows up and bugs me for input. I'm talking about what I
plan and did in the garden. Can than look back via date and read. Does
more too like what apps or music or ..... Planted this done that when
and how it workout. Neat.

US ~$ 20 free trial. A beta

http://www.synium.de/products/chronories/index.html

Bill

I do my diary as a set of Web pages; see my signature. I could also use
a table within Word if I did not want to make it public.

My Mar 5 2010 entry

Thinking about raking leafs by front door to look at possible mole vole
damage. Trimmed snow damage bamboo by pond.

Bill

--
Billl Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 08-03-2010, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

I've not really done this aspect of gardening well. I've been more
into weather. But "Chronories" Mac software seems to be pushing me in
data collection for the garden. The software is really a database
maker but shows up and bugs me for input. I'm talking about what I
plan and did in the garden. Can than look back via date and read. Does
more too like what apps or music or ..... Planted this done that when
and how it workout. Neat.

US ~$ 20 free trial. A beta

http://www.synium.de/products/chronories/index.html

Bill

I will try the free trail and see how it goes.
I admit I often fail to update my garden information. I do wish there
was a even a semi decent garden software program for planting.

However, I do have two garden templates for the Mac:
For BENTO: Garden Template:
http://solutions.filemaker.com/datab...p?serial=25501
39
For NUMBERS 09': Garden Journal - template is built in.

Both of these templates are just database makers. After Retirement maybe
I will try and make my own garden software program. Perhaps I will
discover WHY there isn't any. If I design one it would have to
automatically download the weather info or merge with ones own weather
station.

Enjoy Life... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

[...]

That would be very neat. I got Numbers 08 ( I used to run Mac JMP
in the day love it but can't justify $800 for my puttering. Shame cause
I knew it. Import from excel and watch xyz movies of the data etc.
Whew.....

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
http://www.globalissues.org/article/75/world-military-spending