Old 13-04-2010, 07:40 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Patio tomatoes and sunlight needs

I am considering a pot of patio tomatoes on my porch. It gets indirect
light to the most part with at best dappled sunlight in late summer. How
well would the PTs do in those conditions?

Old 13-04-2010, 10:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Paul M. Cook wrote:
I am considering a pot of patio tomatoes on my porch. It gets
indirect light to the most part with at best dappled sunlight in late
summer. How well would the PTs do in those conditions?

Most edible fruiting plants do well in full sun and OK in 4-5 hours sun per
day. With no direct sun the chances are they will be weak and spindly and
not fruit well.

David

Old 13-04-2010, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 4/13/2010 2:40 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
I am considering a pot of patio tomatoes on my porch. It gets indirect
light to the most part with at best dappled sunlight in late summer. How
well would the PTs do in those conditions?

I do fine on my deck with afternoon sun. One plant almost under deck
with sun as you describe did so so but I did get tomatoes.
Old 15-04-2010, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 23:40:36 -0700, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

I am considering a pot of patio tomatoes on my porch. It gets indirect
light to the most part with at best dappled sunlight in late summer. How
well would the PTs do in those conditions?

The more sun, the better.