Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Guerilla gardening with lasanga gardens

It is time to plan some lasanga guerilla gardens.

I have 3 things in my favour.

There is a railway a few hundred metres down the road with spare land
alongside it.
It is autumn so leaves are falling.
It is autumn so a bed of organic matter laid down now will rot nicely for a
mi to late spring planting.

To date I have lifted some large flat cardboard sheets and placed on them on
the spare land and covered with 3 bags of horse poop. Shortly some leave
will be added.

Come spring there should be a nice fertile patch to plant sweet corn and
pumpkin.

rob

Old 04-05-2010, 04:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , "George"
wrote:

It is time to plan some lasanga guerilla gardens.

I have 3 things in my favour.

There is a railway a few hundred metres down the road with spare land
alongside it.
It is autumn so leaves are falling.
It is autumn so a bed of organic matter laid down now will rot nicely for a
mi to late spring planting.

To date I have lifted some large flat cardboard sheets and placed on them on
the spare land and covered with 3 bags of horse poop. Shortly some leave
will be added.

Come spring there should be a nice fertile patch to plant sweet corn and
pumpkin.

rob

Good on you, Rob, for committing unprovoked acts of beauty and kindness.
--
- Billy
Old 05-05-2010, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

"George" wrote in message
It is time to plan some lasanga guerilla gardens.

I have 3 things in my favour.

There is a railway a few hundred metres down the road with
spare land alongside it.
It is autumn so leaves are falling.
It is autumn so a bed of organic matter laid down now will
rot nicely for a mi to late spring planting.

To date I have lifted some large flat cardboard sheets and
placed on them on the spare land and covered with 3 bags
of horse poop. Shortly some leave will be added.

Come spring there should be a nice fertile patch to plant
sweet corn and pumpkin.

rob

Rob, I did almost the same thing last fall. All plants had
gone into hibernating and thus I was able to put about 6" of
falled, died maple leaves on top of my whole corner garden.
I then top it all off with 3 garbage cans of horse poo.

My plants seem to have like the arrangement as they are
growing faster this year and look a lot healthier. When my
plants fulling mature, I will add some loam and then mixed
everything in together.

Donna
in WA
zone 8