Old 28-05-2010, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Spinosad

I am facing a real problem with these damn leaf miners. Last year they were
no problem but this year they are possibly going to wipe out all by
cucumbers and squash. I applied Spinosad in hope of abating the problem.
Is this stuff effective?

Old 28-05-2010, 11:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

I am facing a real problem with these damn leaf miners. Last year they were
no problem but this year they are possibly going to wipe out all by
cucumbers and squash. I applied Spinosad in hope of abating the problem.
Is this stuff effective?

It's from Dow Chemical and kills bees.
--
- Billy
Old 28-05-2010, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

I am facing a real problem with these damn leaf miners. Last year they
were
no problem but this year they are possibly going to wipe out all by
cucumbers and squash. I applied Spinosad in hope of abating the problem.
Is this stuff effective?

It's from Dow Chemical and kills bees.

No bees at this time. I'm only applying it to affected plants and they have
no blossoms yet.

Paul