GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Killing Kudzu (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/192735-killing-kudzu.html)

Jeff Thies 16-07-2010 03:28 PM

Killing Kudzu

I've come into a small inheritance and have bought a house with kudzu
having taken over the back yard. This will have to go!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2072149_kill-kudzu.html

Which mentions Garlon 3A.

Any other ideas?

On another note I'll have landscaping to do for two houses. One house
has a huge crepe myrtle dominating the front yard. Aside from that they
are both empty slates. The terrains a little hilly in Atlanta 7b
(piedmont). Both sun and shade.

I'll be thinking both landscape plantings (and ground covers) and
more useful plants like blueberries, peaches and yarrow and I have no
idea what else. Got a creek behind one.

Jeff

Bill who putters 16-07-2010 03:48 PM

Killing Kudzu

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

I've come into a small inheritance and have bought a house with kudzu
having taken over the back yard. This will have to go!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2072149_kill-kudzu.html

Which mentions Garlon 3A.

Any other ideas?

On another note I'll have landscaping to do for two houses. One house
has a huge crepe myrtle dominating the front yard. Aside from that they
are both empty slates. The terrains a little hilly in Atlanta 7b
(piedmont). Both sun and shade.

I'll be thinking both landscape plantings (and ground covers) and
more useful plants like blueberries, peaches and yarrow and I have no
idea what else. Got a creek behind one.

Jeff

http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0065/

Looks like a lot of work.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

Bill who putters 16-07-2010 04:14 PM

Killing Kudzu

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0065/

Maybe goats can do it for you?

http://www.plantgreenearth.com/garde...goats-vs-kudzu

Billy[_10_] 16-07-2010 04:48 PM

Killing Kudzu

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

I've come into a small inheritance and have bought a house with kudzu
having taken over the back yard. This will have to go!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2072149_kill-kudzu.html

Which mentions Garlon 3A.

Any other ideas?

On another note I'll have landscaping to do for two houses. One house
has a huge crepe myrtle dominating the front yard. Aside from that they
are both empty slates. The terrains a little hilly in Atlanta 7b
(piedmont). Both sun and shade.

I'll be thinking both landscape plantings (and ground covers) and
more useful plants like blueberries, peaches and yarrow and I have no
idea what else. Got a creek behind one.

Jeff

Lose the vegetative part but keep the roots.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu#Medicine
http://www.holisticonline.com/herbal-med/_Herbs/h329.htm
http://www.naturalhealthweb.com/articles/nations-weissman2.html
--