Old 16-07-2010, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Killing Kudzu

I've come into a small inheritance and have bought a house with kudzu
having taken over the back yard. This will have to go!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2072149_kill-kudzu.html

Which mentions Garlon 3A.

Any other ideas?

On another note I'll have landscaping to do for two houses. One house
has a huge crepe myrtle dominating the front yard. Aside from that they
are both empty slates. The terrains a little hilly in Atlanta 7b
(piedmont). Both sun and shade.

I'll be thinking both landscape plantings (and ground covers) and
more useful plants like blueberries, peaches and yarrow and I have no
idea what else. Got a creek behind one.

Jeff
Old 16-07-2010, 03:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

I've come into a small inheritance and have bought a house with kudzu
having taken over the back yard. This will have to go!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2072149_kill-kudzu.html

Which mentions Garlon 3A.

Any other ideas?

On another note I'll have landscaping to do for two houses. One house
has a huge crepe myrtle dominating the front yard. Aside from that they
are both empty slates. The terrains a little hilly in Atlanta 7b
(piedmont). Both sun and shade.

I'll be thinking both landscape plantings (and ground covers) and
more useful plants like blueberries, peaches and yarrow and I have no
idea what else. Got a creek behind one.

Jeff

http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0065/

Looks like a lot of work.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

Old 16-07-2010, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0065/

Maybe goats can do it for you?

http://www.plantgreenearth.com/garde...goats-vs-kudzu

Old 16-07-2010, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

I've come into a small inheritance and have bought a house with kudzu
having taken over the back yard. This will have to go!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2072149_kill-kudzu.html

Which mentions Garlon 3A.

Any other ideas?

On another note I'll have landscaping to do for two houses. One house
has a huge crepe myrtle dominating the front yard. Aside from that they
are both empty slates. The terrains a little hilly in Atlanta 7b
(piedmont). Both sun and shade.

I'll be thinking both landscape plantings (and ground covers) and
more useful plants like blueberries, peaches and yarrow and I have no
idea what else. Got a creek behind one.

Jeff

Lose the vegetative part but keep the roots.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu#Medicine
http://www.holisticonline.com/herbal-med/_Herbs/h329.htm
http://www.naturalhealthweb.com/articles/nations-weissman2.html
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude
Old 16-07-2010, 04:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0065/

Maybe goats can do it for you?

http://www.plantgreenearth.com/garde...goats-vs-kudzu

http://goatconnection.com/articles/publish/article_84.shtml

N P K
Sheep/goat 1.44 - 0.5 - 1.21

Old 16-07-2010, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0065/

Maybe goats can do it for you?

http://www.plantgreenearth.com/garde...goats-vs-kudzu

http://goatconnection.com/articles/publish/article_84.shtml

N P K
Sheep/goat 1.44 - 0.5 - 1.21

Baaaaa seems the way to go.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...+kudzu&ie=U T
F-8&oe=UTF-8

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

[IMG] code is On

Kudzu v. Grape Lane Gray, Czar Castic Gardening 0 21-06-2005 03:47 AM
Need Help Trying To Grow Kudzu [email protected] Gardening 0 14-06-2005 02:23 AM
Possibly NOT Kudzu!!! Harvey Gardening 2 26-11-2003 06:32 PM
Deadly Kudzu? DavesVideo Gardening 8 07-06-2003 10:08 PM
evil kudzu. griffon Gardening 6 19-05-2003 01:32 PM